Postgraduate Diploma in Secondary Teaching (STEM)
Applications are open until 14 June 2021
Postgraduate Diploma in Secondary Teaching
Postgraduate Diploma in Secondary Teaching (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics – STEM) graduates will contribute to quality education across PNG.
Women and people with disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Australian Government in partnership with the Government of PNG will offer scholarships to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Secondary Teaching (STEM) in 2022 at:
The scholarship is for study in PNG only (not Australia). It is open to both men and women.
Applicants MUST meet the following requirements to be considered for a scholarship:
- completed an undergraduate degree program in the field of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geology, Mathematics, Information Technology, Environmental Science, Computer Science, Engineering and Agriculture between 2017 and 2020
- meet the conditions of entry for the institution
- be a citizen of PNG and residing in PNG at the time of application
- not have been convicted of a criminal offence
- not have been terminated from a previous Australia Awards scholarship for misconduct.
- achieved a minimum GPA of 2.6
- demonstrate a commitment to working as a secondary school teacher in STEM in PNG, including in rural and remote areas.
People with disability who meet the scholarship eligibility criteria are strongly encouraged to apply. Successful applicants may be able to access additional support to enhance their study experience. Scholarship applicants are encouraged to share information about their disability in their application. Click here to read more
The Australian Government takes a zero-tolerance approach to fraud. All application documents will be verified and if found fraudulent applicants will be excluded for consideration for this scholarship and any future Australia Awards. If application fraud is detected after a scholarship is awarded, the scholarship will be immediately terminated