Postgraduate Diploma in Secondary Teaching (STEM)
Applications for study in 2021 are now open and will close at 5pm on Monday 03 August 2020
Postgraduate Diploma in Secondary Teaching
Postgraduate Diploma in Secondary Teaching (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics – STEM) graduates will contribute to quality education across PNG.
Women and people with disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Australian Government in partnership with the Government of PNG will offer scholarships to undertake a Postgraduate Diploma in Secondary Teaching (STEM) in 2021 at:
The scholarship is for study in PNG only (not Australia). It is open to both men and women.
- be a non-school leaver (i.e. not be applying directly after completing secondary school)
- meet the conditions of entry for the institution (UOG)
- be a citizen of PNG and residing in PNG at the time of application
- not have been convicted of a criminal offence
- not have been terminated from a previous Australia Awards scholarship for misconduct
- completed an undergraduate (bachelor) degree program in a field of Science or Mathematics between 2017 and 2019
- achieved a minimum GPA of 2.6 or more
- demonstrate a commitment to working as a secondary school teacher in STEM in PNG, including rural and remote areas
How to apply
- Download and complete the application form electronically or print off and complete by hand
- Email your application in PDF format on or before the closing date by email to email@example.com
- Alternatively, you can send directly by mail in a sealed envelop. Application enveloped stamped after closing date or received 14 days after closing date will not be considered.
- You can also submit your application directly to the University of Goroka, but you MUST contact Australia Awards In-PNG Scholarship Team to immediately register that you have submitted your application
- Your academic certificates/transcripts must be certified by the Commissioner of Oaths and be dated 2019 or 2020
People with disability who meet the scholarship eligibility criteria are strongly encouraged to apply. Successful applicants may be able to access additional support to enhance their study experience. Scholarship applicants are encouraged to share information about their disability in their application. Click here to read more
The Australian Government takes a zero-tolerance approach to fraud. All application documents will be verified and if found fraudulent applicants will be excluded for consideration for this scholarship and any future Australia Awards. If application fraud is detected after a scholarship is awarded, the scholarship will be immediately terminated
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 3 August 2020