Bachelor of Midwifery
Australia Awards In-PNG Scholarships provide training in priority areas identified by the Governments of Papua New Guinea and Australia, delivered through selected partner institutions in Papua New Guinea.
Midwifery scholars and graduates contribute to quality maternal and neo-natal health outcomes across PNG.
The scholarship is available for study at:
- Lutheran School of Nursing
- Pacific Adventist University
- St Mary’s School of Nursing (women only)
- University of Goroka
- University of Papua New Guinea
This scholarship is for study in PNG only (not Australia), and is open to women and men who hold a PNG nursing qualification.
Women and people living with disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
- meet the conditions of entry for your preferred institution(s)
- be a citizen of PNG and residing in PNG at the time of application
- not have been convicted of a criminal offence
- not have been terminated from a previous Australia Awards scholarship for misconduct
- hold a PNG nursing qualification (diploma or above)
- have two years’ minimum recent employment as a practising nurse at the time you commence study in 2023
- be fully registered with the PNG Nursing Council
- if employed as a permanent public servant, have appropriate endorsement from your employer as per PNG National Public Service General Orders Training.