Australia Awards Scholarships
Australia Awards Scholarships Papua New Guinea
Australia’s international development assistance in Papua New Guinea helps promote prosperity, reduce poverty, and enhance political stability.
Australia Awards Scholarships are prestigious international awards offered by the Australian Government to the next generation of global leaders for development. Through study and research, recipients develop the skills and knowledge to drive change and help build enduring people-to-people links with Australia.
Applicants are assessed on their professional and personal qualities, academic competence and, most importantly, their potential to impact development challenges in Papua New Guinea.
Applications are strongly encouraged from women, people with disability and those living in rural or remote areas.
Australia Awards benefits
Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian education institution, including any preparatory training.
Scholarship recipients will receive the following:
- return air travel
- a one-off establishment allowance on arrival
- full tuition fees
- contribution to living expenses
- an introductory academic program
- Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of the scholarship
- supplementary academic support
- fieldwork allowance for research students and masters by coursework with a compulsory fieldwork component.
Intake 2019 Awards for Masters by Coursework
Intake 2019 Awards to Female Applicants
Intake 2019 Awards to Public Sector Employees
Intake 2019 Awards to People Working in the Provinces
- Citizen of Papua New Guinea
- At least two years of work experience in your sector
- Apply for a postgraduate and progressive qualification (i.e. apply for a Masters if you already have a Bachelor degree)
- Meet the Australian institution course requirements and all visa requirements (subclass 500)
- Committed to return to PNG
- Public servants must follow the Government of PNG training bid process. For more information, please refer to Department of Personnel Management.
You are not eligible if you:
- Currently hold an Australian Government funded scholarship
- Hold citizenship or permanent resident status in Australia
- Are married or engaged to be married to someone who holds or is entitled to hold citizenship or permanent residency in Australia
Please refer to the Applicant Information Booklet for more information.
- All applications are considered on a merit basis
- Application assessment is completed by an independent panel
- Candidates will be notified of the outcome by September 2019