Diploma in General Nursing
Nursing scholars and graduates contribute to quality health outcomes across PNG including in rural and remote communities.
The Australian Government in partnership with the Government of Papua New Guinea will offer scholarships to undertake a Diploma of General Nursing in 2024 at:
- Lae School of Nursing; and
- Lutheran School of Nursing
This scholarship is for study in PNG (not in Australia). It is open to women and men. Applicants must have completed grade 12 or matriculation upgrade prior to 2023.
Women and people living with disability are strongly encouraged to apply.
- be a non-school leaver (i.e. have completed Grade 12 prior to 2023)
- meet the conditions of entry for the institution(s)
- be a citizen of PNG and residing in PNG at the time of application
- not have been convicted of a criminal offence
- not have been terminated from a previous Australia Awards scholarship or expelled by an Institution for misconduct or academic failure
- demonstrate a commitment to working as a nurse in PNG including in rural and remote health centres
- have completed Grade 12 with a minimum GPA 2.75 and a minimum grade B in Biology, Chemistry and Language and Literature, grade C in Advanced Math or grade A in General Math; OR
- have matriculation upgrade (DODL/FODE) minimum GPA 3.0 and minimum subject grades as above.