Study in PNG for General Nursing
You must meet the following requirements to be considered for the scholarship:
- be a non-school leaver
- meet the conditions of entry for your preferred institution(s)
- be a citizen of PNG and residing in PNG at the time of application
- not have been convicted of criminal offence
- not have been terminated from a previous Australia Awards scholarship for misconduct
- completed grade 12 or matriculation upgrade (DODL/FODE/CODE), with minimum GPA of 2.6, with minimum grade B in Biology & Chemistry and grade C is Advance Math and Language & Literature
Note: CTCS (UPNG open college) is not regarded as matriculation upgrade by Australia Awards PNG.
Each Nursing College may have specific entry requirements. Contact your preferred institution directly for information about the course and institution-specific requirements.
For Study in 2020 the Australian Government and our private sector partners, Newcrest Mining and Steamships, will offer scholarships to undertake the General Nursing program at the following institutions:
- Lae School of Nursing (Lae, Morobe Province)
- Enga College of Nursing (Wabag, Enga Province)