Short Course Awards
The short courses are designed to provide leaders and professionals from the public service, private sector and civil society in Papua New Guinea an opportunity to study a short course with an Australian university, TAFE, or Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
Typically, short courses involve up to 25 participants, are up to 12 weeks of study over a period of up to 12 months, and involve five-day pre-course and post-course workshops in PNG.
Up to 10 Short Course Awards will be offered each year to aspiring PNG leaders, change makers and influencers who want to develop new skills and increase their networks and potential through tailored short courses at reputable Australian tertiary education institutions.
Applications for Graduate Certificate in Leadership are open.
Short Course Awards Key Features
- Specialised course delivered by reputable Australian education providers
- Flexibility for senior staff who may have already received post-graduate qualifications or are unable to be released for long-term study
- Provision of support for pre-course and post-course workshops
- Opportunities for professional networking through meetings, events and site visits in Australia and PNG
- Provision of support for personal or group Short Course Award work based project for participants
- Opportunities for networking with more than 5,000 alumni in PNG, most of whom have an excellent record of rising to positions of leadership across a wide range of fields
- Highly competitive selection process
Short Course Award Benefits
- Pre-course and post-course workshops in PNG, including domestic return airfare to workshop locations in PNG
- Accommodation expenses covered both in PNG and in Australia
- Per diems, when living away from home in AAPNG arranged accommodation
- International return airfare to short course location in Australia
- Full tuition fees covered
- Australian visa
- Overseas Students Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the Short Course Award study in Australia