Study in PNG
About In-PNG Scholarship
Australia Awards In-PNG Scholarships are prominent awards offered by the Australian Government in partnership with the Government of Papua New Guinea to support service delivery in Health, Education and Transport. Through study and training in PNG, scholarship recipients develop the knowledge and skills to drive change and to make positive contributions to social and economic development.
The Australian Government is committed to promoting gender equity, disability and social inclusion (GEDSI) and encourages women, people with disability and people from rural and remote locations to apply for an In-PNG Scholarship.
This Scholarship is for study in PNG only (not Australia).
- Course fees and on-campus accommodation
- A fortnightly contribution to your living expenses
- A once-off establishment allowance
- Mobilisation and demobilisation travel to and from province of residence to institution
- ‘Reunion’ travel for study programs for more than 12 months
- A health insurance policy for scholarship duration (for the awardee only)
- A medical kit (for health awards)
- On-award enrichment programs including support to prepare to enter the workforce on graduation
- Membership fees (for one year) for the PNG-Australia Alumni Association.
To be eligible you must:
- Meet the conditions of entry for your preferred institution (s)
- Be a citizen of Papua New Guinea (and be residing in PNG at the time of application)
- Not be a dual citizen of Australia, be married or engaged to an Australian
- Not have been convicted of a criminal offence
- Not have been terminated from a previous Australia Awards Scholarship because of misconduct.
The Australian Government takes a zero-tolerance approach to fraud. All application documents will be verified against applicant’s identity, and fraudulent applicants will be excluded for consideration for this scholarship and any future Australia Awards Scholarships. Fraudulent applicants will be reported to the police instances of any breach to PNG law.
For study in 2020, the Australian Government will offer scholarships for the following programs at each institution
Enga College of Nursing
Lae School of Nursing
Bachelor of Midwifery
Lutheran School of Nursing
Pacific Adventist University
St Mary’s School of Nursing
University of Goroka
University of Papua New Guinea
Maritime Cadetship for Women
PNG Maritime College – Madang
Melanesian Nazarene Teacher College – Jiwaka
St Peter Chanel Teacher College – Kokopo, ENB
Applications for 2021 will open in early 2020
Do you want to know more?
The importance of child protection policies was at the top of the agenda at a recent Australia Awards hosted leadership conference in East New Britain. The conference, held in late June, brought together 26 participants from Australia Awards In-PNG Scholarships’ 12...
For many it is a personal experience that triggers their desire to pursue a specific career. This was the case with Loreensia Angis who said that seeing her brother fall ill frequently as she was growing up motivated her to pursue nursing studies. Loreensia is one of...
‘If I am very knowledgeable and skilful but my attitude isn’t good towards my patient then I’m not a good midwife. A good attitude can also contribute to minimising complications mothers encounter during labour and delivery. And this can also prevent maternal and...