Study in PNG
About In-PNG Scholarship
Australia Awards In-PNG Scholarships are prominent awards offered by the Australian Government in partnership with the Government of Papua New Guinea to support service delivery in Health, Education and Transport. Through study and training in PNG, scholarship recipients develop the knowledge and skills to drive change and to make positive contributions to social and economic development.
The Australian Government is committed to promoting gender equity, disability and social inclusion (GEDSI) and encourages women, people with disability and people from rural and remote locations to apply for an In-PNG Scholarship.
This Scholarship is for study in PNG only (not Australia).
For study in 2020, scholarships are open only to non-school leavers who completed Grade 12 prior to 2019.
- Course fees and on-campus accommodation
- A fortnightly contribution to your living expenses
- A once-off establishment allowance
- Mobilisation and demobilisation travel to and from province of residence to institution
- ‘Reunion’ travel for study programs for more than 12 months
- A health insurance policy for scholarship duration (for the awardee only)
- A medical kit (for health awards)
- On-award enrichment programs including support to prepare to enter the workforce on graduation
- Membership fees (for one year) for the PNG-Australia Alumni Association.
To be eligible you must:
- Meet the conditions of entry for your preferred institution (s)
- Be a citizen of Papua New Guinea (and be residing in PNG at the time of application)
- Not be a dual citizen of Australia, be married or engaged to an Australian
- Not have been convicted of a criminal offence
- Not have been terminated from a previous Australia Awards Scholarship because of misconduct.
The Australian Government takes a zero-tolerance approach to fraud. All application documents will be verified against applicant’s identity, and fraudulent applicants will be excluded for consideration for this scholarship and any future Australia Awards Scholarships. Fraudulent applicants will be reported to the police instances of any breach to PNG law.
Applications for study in 2020 have closed
All applications for 2020 In-PNG Scholarships have now closed.
For the 2020 intake, Australia Awards received over 2,430 applications for General Nursing, Primary Teaching, Maritime Cadet, and Midwifery. The initial assessment has been completed and eligible applications are being assessed. Shortlisted applicants will be notified so they can undertake further assessments and selections.
Australia Awards has also undertaken verification of transcripts and certificates. Applicants determined to have used forged transcripts, certificates or other documents have been eliminated from consideration.
If you do not hear from us, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. We thank you for your interest in Australia Awards and encourage you to apply again next year.
Please click on the icons below to read more about each of the scholarship program, selection updates and announcements.
For study in 2020, the Australian Government will offer scholarships for the following programs at each institution
Applications for 2021 will open in early 2020
Do you want to know more?
In a profession dominated by women, Elijah Tami thrives on the challenge of providing critical services for expecting mothers. Midwives provide specialised healthcare to women during pregnancy, labour and the period after labour aiming to facilitate a positive...
The importance of child protection policies was at the top of the agenda at a recent Australia Awards hosted leadership conference in East New Britain. The conference, held in late June, brought together 26 participants from Australia Awards In-PNG Scholarships’ 12...
For many it is a personal experience that triggers their desire to pursue a specific career. This was the case with Loreensia Angis who said that seeing her brother fall ill frequently as she was growing up motivated her to pursue nursing studies. Loreensia is one of...