Study in PNG for Primary Teaching
You must meet the following requirements to be considered for the scholarship:
- be a non-school leaver
- meet the conditions of entry for your preferred institution(s)
- be a citizen of PNG and residing in PNG at the time of application
- not have been convicted of criminal offence
- not have been terminated from a previous Australia Awards scholarship for misconduct
- demonstrate a commitment to working as primary teaching in PNG including in rural and remote schools
- have completed grade 12 or matriculation upgrade (DODL/FODE/CODE), with a minimum GPA of 2.4, with minimum grade B in Mathematics and Language & Literature, ad grade C in all other subjects
Note: CTCS (UPNG open college) is not regarded as matriculation upgrade by Australia Awards PNG.
The institution may have specific entry requirements. To find out more contact the institution directly for information about the course and institution-specific requirements.
Melanesia Nazarene Teacher College (Jiwaka)
Mr Jimmy Tela (Registrar)
Phone: (+675) 7272 0137
For Study in 2020 the Australian Government and our partner tertiary institution will offer scholarships to undertake Primary Teaching at:
- Melanesia Nazarene Teacher College, (Jiwaka)