Applying for a Scholarship
How do I apply for a scholarship?
Applications must be made online at the Online Australia Awards Scholarships Information System (OASIS) website.
To apply you need to use Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox on a desktop computer not a mobile device when applying on OASIS.
Submit your application two weeks before the deadline to allow AAPNG to check if your application complies with the requirements. Avoid submitting on the last day. OASIS experiences peak usage in the days leading up to the closing date and applicants may experience delays.
Applications open on 1 February 2020 and will now close on 30 June 2020 (midnight PNG time).
Hard copy and emailed applications will not be accepted for Intake 2021.
- I completed all compulsory questions on the online application system
- Under Documents tab of application, I have attached:
- Valid identification documents (NID, birth certificate, passport)
- A copy of my appropriately certified academic documents
- Reintegration Plan
- Academic and employment referee reports
- Curriculum vitae (using AAPNG template)
- Research applicants only, I have also attached:
- Supervisors confirmation
- Research proposal summary (using AAPNG template)
- Two academic referee reports
- Any published articles (if applicable)
Australia Awards useful links
Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS)
Department of Personnel Management
Australian Department of Education and Training
Australian Department of Home Affairs
Australian embassies and consulates overseas
Australia Global Alumni
Australian Tourism Commission
Australia Awards Scholarship Policy Handbook
Intake 2021 OASIS Application User Guide
Study in Australia
Future Unlimited – Study in Australia
Good Universities Guide, Australia
International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
QILT – student feedback on higher education Australia
Due to the current coronavirus situation, further details of the selection timeline will be updated in due course.