Graduate Certificate in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Education
Australia Awards is seeking suitable applicants to apply for the Graduate Certificate in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Education short course. The course is targeting employees from the Department of Education and other education agencies who are in roles where they have responsibility for teaching, designing and implementing STEM Education policies and programs including at the national, sectoral and provincial levels.
To apply for this short course, applicants must:
- Demonstrate direct involvement in STEM Education in your area of work
- Have a minimum of five years professional teaching or curriculum development experience (which could be in Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Advanced Mathematics, ICT, Agriculture, Biology, Fine Arts, Design Technology, Science, Applied Science or Engineering)
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and teacher registration
- Have a minimum academic English proficiency level equivalent of IELTS 6.5/TOEFL 575 (shortlisted applicants may be required to undertake a test facilitated by Australia Awards).
- Have a commitment to prepare and implement an innovative work-based project as part of the course requirement
- Engage actively and foster networks with multiple stakeholders, including in Australia, and to disseminate learning from the course with students, colleagues and peers in your respective organisations
Applications close 5:00pm on Friday 29 November 2019.