Graduate Certificate in Counselling
Applications open now
Australia Awards is seeking suitable applicants who currently provide counselling services to apply for the Graduate Certificate in Counselling Short Course. The course is targeting employees from the Departments of Health, Community Development and Religion, the Royal Papua New Guinea Constabulary, Provincial Administrations (e.g. Child Protection Officers), hospitals, family support centres, NGOs, Church-based organisations and private sector organisations involved in providing counselling. The Short Course will be delivered by Griffith University in Brisbane, Australia.
Applicants from the public sector must complete the Australia Awards PNG application form for Government of Papua New Guinea and have the endorsement of the head of their department, agency or administration. Applicants are also required to complete the Training Bid Form and submit to the Department of Personnel Management through their Human Resource/Training division.
Successful applicants will also be sponsored to do a National Certificate 2 in Instructing in PNG to develop their workplace training skills.
- Have a minimum academic English proficiency level equivalent of IELTS 6.5/TOEFL 575 (shortlisted applicants may be required to undertake a test facilitated by Australia Awards)
- Be directly involved in counselling
- Be currently working with one of the organisations listed above and have their application supported by their Manager
- Have a Bachelor degree or equivalent and/or a minimum of five years’ work experience in a counselling, case management or social work-related area
- Have a commitment to prepare and implement a project as part of the course requirements, engage actively and foster networks with multiple stakeholders
This is a fully funded scholarship. All course fees, travel, accommodation and per diems will be covered by Australia Awards PNG.
Please send the completed application form with your CV and supporting documents to: Counsellingfellowship@australiaawardspng.org
Applications close at 5pm on 14 April 2020.
Women and people with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Australia Awards is committed to the Gender Equity and Social Inclusion policies of the Government of Papua New Guinea and the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. Australia Awards is a child-safe program. Applicants will be required to complete a police check and provide character and professional references.
- Download a Graduate Certificate in Counselling Application Form_Private Sector (Word)
- Download a Graduate Certificate in Counselling Application Form_Private Sector (PDF)
- Download a Graduate Certificate in Counselling Application Form_GoPNG (Word)
- Download a Graduate Certificate in Counselling Application Form_GoPNG (PDF)