Australia Awards Short Courses respond to the priorities of the Papua New Guinea Government. Courses will be developed when a need has been identified and will be made available to meet that need. Courses are not scheduled on a regular basis.
Check this page regularly to see what courses are available and to keep track of application deadlines.
Australia Awards PNG will offer a Graduate Certificate in Governance and Public Policy (Social Research Methods) to applicants involved in data collection, analysis and reporting. Participants will be drawn from a range of Government of PNG Departments and at Grade levels between 10 and 16. Public servants working in Statutory Authorities and in Provincial Administrations and Health Authorities will be considered and are welcome to apply.
To apply for this course, applicants must:
- have a bachelor’s degree or diploma and at least five years of work experience in an administrative or leadership role
- be employed in a managerial or leadership position and have their application supported by their manager or head of their organisation
- have a minimum academic English proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (shortlisted applicants may be required to undertake a test facilitated by Australia Awards in PNG
- have a commitment to prepare and implement a workplace project
- engage actively and foster networks with multiple stakeholders, including in Australia, and disseminate learning from the course with students, colleagues and peers
- meet the eligibility criteria specified on the application form, including approval of your Training Bid Form from the Department of Personnel Management (DPM).
Applications via the on-line portal are strongly preferred. Click on the Apply On-line button below. Otherwise please download the Smart PDF application form.
For enquires and submission of PDF applications please email email@example.com
Applications close at 5pm (PNG time) on 21 October 2022.