Levels of Study
Applicants from Papua New Guinea can apply for a scholarship at the following levels of study listed below.
- Post Doctorate Degree (PhD) programs
Prioritised for applicants currently employed in Higher Education and Research Institutes (the maximum duration for a PhD is four years).
- Master (course work & research) degree courses
The majority of scholarships are available for postgraduate coursework programs (the maximum duration for a Master degree is two years).
Limited awards will be offered in exceptional circumstances ( i.e the proposed course is not available in PNG, however will contribute to a priority sector, or for applicants with a disability).
Australia Awards Scholarships are not available for courses:
- that do not contribute to a Priority Sector;
- undergraduate courses that require more than four years of study;
- undergraduate courses that are available at tertiary education institutions in Papua New Guinea;
- training in areas related to nuclear technology or flying an aircraft;
- study by distance or external mode unless as part of CRICOS registered course where the majority of units are undertaken in the primary institution;
- military training;
- training in counter-subversion methods, the suppression of political dissent or intelligence procurement.
Qualifications must be progressive. Scholarships will not be available where the applicant has already achieved that level of qualification.