Australia Awards In-PNG Scholarships Certificate of Elementary Teaching – Applications Closed
Elementary scholarships will contribute to addressing the shortage of qualified teachers in community-based elementary schools in remote and rural communities.
For Study in 2019, the Australian Government will offer scholarships for to undertake the Certificate of Elementary Teaching at either the Enga Teachers College, Enga Province or the Melanesia Nazarene Teachers College, Jiwaka Province (Duration: 12 months)
This Scholarship is for study in PNG only (not Australia)
Elementary teaching positions are community-based. Successful graduates are expected to return to their communities to teach in a community elementary school. Provincial Education Offices in Enga, Jiwaka and Western Highlands Provinces will seek suitable applicants from communities where an elementary teaching vacancy exists.
To be eligible for a Scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of Papua New Guinea and be residing in PNG at the time of application
- reside in either Enga, Western Highlands or Jiwaka Province
- be prepared to return to an elementary school in your province to teach
- meet the conditions of entry for the institutions
- not have been convicted of a criminal offence
- not have been terminated from a previous Australia Awards scholarship for misconduct
- have completed Grade 12 or matriculation upgrade (FODE/CODE) with a minimum GPA of 2.2 and minimum Grade C in Mathematics and English
- demonstrate a commitment to work as a teacher in a community elementary school.
Applicants must apply directly to the institution, be shortlisted by each college and successfully pass each colleges’ aptitude test. Applicants who meet this criterion will be invited to apply for an Australia Awards Scholarship.
All documents will be verified with the Government of PNG. Discovery of fraudulent documents will exclude you from consideration for this scholarship and any future Australian Scholarships. If fraud is discovered after a Scholarship is awarded, then the Scholarship will be immediately terminated.
For more information:
Contact your preferred institution directly for information about course and institution-specific requirements (see table below).
|Enga Teachers College||Mr Walter Turuk |
Mr Samuel Urara
|Melanesian Nazarene Teachers College||Mr Totobe Samilo||7272 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Or contact the Australia Awards In-PNG Scholarships team
T: 321 1766 / 7373 3800 M: 7014 1974
Or visit The Australia Awards office address in Port Moresby.
Ground Floor, Port Tower, Hunter Street Port Moresby, National Capital District
Scholarship Benefits and Requirements: Click here for more information about the scholarship’s benefits and requirements