Scholarship Benefits and Requirements
The Australia Awards In-PNG Scholarship provides a comprehensive package of benefits. If you are offered a scholarship, you will be supported by the Australia Awards PNG Facility throughout your study program.
The scholarship covers:
- Mobilisation and demobilisation travel to and from your province of residence to your chosen institution
- ‘Reunion’ travel at Christmas if you are undertaking a program of study for more than 12 months
- All tuition fees, and on-campus accommodation (if you are residing on-campus)
- A one-off establishment allowance (Kina 886)
- A fortnightly contribution to your living expenses (Kina 140)
- A health insurance policy for your study duration (for the awardee only)
- A medical kit (for health scholarships only)
- on-award enrichment programs including support to prepare to enter the workforce on graduation
- membership fees (for one year) as an associate member of the PNG-Australia Alumni Association (on successful graduation).
If offered a scholarship, you will be required to meet the following requirements:
- be accepted for full-time study at the institution identified in your scholarship offer for the duration of the award
- sign a contract with the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and be bound by the scholarship conditions
- If required, live on-campus unaccompanied (your family must not accompany you)
- meet all other conditions of the scholarship award.
More information about each scholarship can be found on the links below.
Please check you meet the eligibility criteria for your preferred course before completing an application