Australia Awards Fellowships
Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management
Australia Awards PNG is seeking applications from human resource management professionals who are involved in strategic learning and development and workforce planning activities within their organisations, for a Graduate Certificate in Human Resource Management.
The course is designed for employees from the Government of Papua New Guinea, non-government organisations, universities, and the private sector.
All applicants from the Government of Papua New Guinea (GoPNG) must complete the Australia Awards PNG Fellowships application form for GoPNG and have the endorsement of the head of their department, agency, or administration. Australia Awards will facilitate endorsement from the Department of Personnel Management.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the evidence and likely benefits of support for the development of strategic human resource development plans and the links to corporate goals, objectives, and plans;
- Demonstrate an understanding of key factors of high performing organisations;
- Prepare a human resource development environmental analysis (policy, legislation) and baseline assessment for organisational-level human resource development planning;
- Prepare a draft medium-term human resource development plan (including training needs assessment and plan);
- Conduct succession planning analysis;
- Devise a succession and recruitment plan to address needs across all levels;
- Review and develop key competency standards and performance indicators for positions across all levels;
- Support a competency-based recruitment process;
- Support department/organisation performance management processes including the handling of misconduct; and
- Understand best practice procedure for right-sizing, restructuring, and organisational governance issues as they relate to human resources.
To be successful for this fellowship, you must:
- Be directly involved in learning and development, and workforce planning;
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and minimum of five years’ work experience in human resources;
- Commit to the preparation and implementation of a project as part of the course requirement;
- Engage actively and foster networks with multiple stakeholders, including in Australia;
- Disseminate learning from the course with colleagues and peers; and
- Have a minimum academic English proficiency level equivalent of IELTS 6.5/TOEFL 575 (Shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake a test facilitated by Australia Awards).
The course is fourteen weeks’ long with up to twelve weeks will be delivered in Australia, over one or two ‘blocks’ of study. This is a fully funded scholarship including all course fees, travel, accommodation, and per diems. Women, persons with disabilities, and people from remote and rural locations are encouraged to apply.
Download an Application
NGO and Private Sector Application
Email us at HRM@australiaawardspng.org.
Applications close 5:00 pm on Wednesday, 12 September 2018.