Alumni Grants Scheme
The Alumni Grant Scheme (AGS) is an initiative of Australia Awards in Papua New Guinea (AAPNG) to support alumni to contribute to Papua New Guinea’s economic and social development and build strong and positive relationships with Australia.
The AGS aims to assist alumni, in conjunction with their employers or community organisations, to contribute to sustainable development impacts in Papua New Guinea.
It also aims to support the PNG Australia Alumni Association (PNGAAA) with its mission which is to:
Contribute to the growth and development of Papua New Guinea and to foster productive relationships between Australia and PNG.
Australia Awards alumni across PNG will have an opportunity to access the AGS to conduct activities that support the following sectors and thematic areas:
- Law and Justice
- Governance and Public Policy
- Transport and Infrastructure
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM)
- Gender equality, women’s empowerment, women’s leadership and gender based violence
- Disability inclusion and Poverty Alleviation
- Small and Medium Enterprise development, including in agriculture, fisheries and tourism
Financial members of PNGAAA who hold either regular or associate membership may apply for an alumni grant on behalf of their employing or community organisation, which must also be registered with the Investment Promotion Authority.
For more information, please email: email@example.com.